Hometown Days Entertainment Line-up
Each Hometown Days features 2 stages of live performance & music. The main stage is the permanent city stage located in Burton Park adjacent to the children’s playgrounds at the north end of Burton Park. The Grassy Field Stage is set up just for Hometown Days and is set up in the open spaces of the grassy sports fields at the south end of the park near the San Carlos Youth Center.
Saturday May, 21 2016
- 10:00 to 11:45 AM The San Francisco Bay Jazz Band A Hometown Days regular feature! Old time American Jazz perfect for kicking off the weekend’s festivities!
- 12:30 to 1:45 Amaris An exhilarating symphonic metal band from San Francisco known for their vocal power & diverse repertoire. They are a rising star on the Bay Area music scene & we are proud to have them back for a second year.
- 2:30 to 5 High and Tight We welcome back this local 4-piece party band playing Classic Rock with a Twist ! Get ready to dance!
Grassy Field Stage
- 11:30 AM to 12 PM Children’s Art Awards
- 12 to 12:30 PM Dance Mode Studio Enjoy performances by the dancers of San Carlos’ own Dance Mode Studios! We always enjoy their high-energy numbers and their ongoing participation in Hometown Days!
- 1:15 to 3:15 Blues Bottle Band Playing R&B, Classic Rock and Blues! Their first time at Hometown Days so check them out!
- 3:45 to 4:30 Local musician and long time San Carlan, Kevin Clay on guitar!
- 6 to 9 PM LADD Performing an eclectic set of high energy Rock N Roll tunes from Rush to Jimmy Eat World and everything in between. This San Carlos-based band started playing together in 3rd grade and have been rocking the San Francisco Bay Area ever since
- Tom Jackman 11:45 to 12:15
- Reese Posten 1:45 to 2:15
Sunday, May 22, 2016
- 10:30 to 11:30 AM West Bay Community Band A Peninsula-based Symphonic Band & a Hometown Days favorite! The West Bay Community Band is a dazzling celebration of Jazz, swing & big-band style music led by conductor, performer & recording artist, Doug Miner.
- 12:15 to 1:15 PM Jim Stevens and Friends Local resident and long-time friend of Hometown Days, Jim Stevens has been delighting his following with classic folk & Americana music since the early 1970’s. Covers include the Kingston Trio & Woody Guthrie along with his original work. We always request he play the Kingston Trio’s “Scotch & Soda” and love hearing him play on a Sunday afternoon!
- 2 to 3:30 PM Hudson Street Band From the Chicago blues of Muddy Waters, to the grooving soul of Al Green, to the funky rhythms of James Brown, as well as a few torch songs sung with emotional power, The Hudson Street Band always has the crowd up and dancing.
- 4:15 to 4:45 PM Andy Z Another member of the Hometown Days Family, Andy Z is an award-winning singer/songwriter and children’s performer. He combines music & movement in song, and storytelling with character voices in the imaginary world of Andyland to create an experience that keeps kids engaged and adults entertained. He has recorded several albums & has appeared on NBC’s Today Show. Thanks to the San Carlos/Belmont Mother’s Club for sponsoring Andy!
- 4:50 to 5 ~ Principal Creative & Performing Arts ~ Part of the Hometown Days family, these dancers are taught by professionals in their award-winning San Mateo studio and each year their performance wins the hearts of Hometown Days audiences!
Grassy Field Stage
- 9 to 10 AM: Sequoia High School Jazz Band~ Led by director Jane Woodman, the Sequoia High School Jazz Band features talented local students who perform regularly at community & school events. Hometown Days is proud to showcase this years’ Jazz ensemble and looks forward to a fantastic performance!
- 10 to 10:30 Rotary Fun Run Race Awards. Runners are encouraged to visit the stage and hear announcements of the 5k & 10 k racing results!
- 10:45 to 12:00 PM Drummm Rhythmic Events presents two 30 minute drum circles. Percussion instruments will be provided. This is a first for Hometown Days and we are thankful to the Sequoia Health Care District for sponsoring this event. www.drummm.com
- 12:20 to 1 PM ( Start time is approximate) Pet Parade Awards. The Hometown Days Pet Parade winners will be announced after the Pet Parade judging is complete. This is a hugely popular event at Hometown Days with pets of all shapes & sizes vying for the title! Don’t miss it!
- 1:15 to 1:45 Showstoppers – A local delight! San Carlos Children’s Theater returns to our stage with its latest talented troupe of musical theater performers. Hum along as they perform favorites from The King and I, The Aristocats, and Wonderland.
- 2:30 to 5:00 8th Annual Hometown Days High School Battle of the Bands. The Hometown Days High School Battle of the Bands is a highlight of Hometown Days. Sponsored by Clocktower Music in downtown San Carlos, this competition features talented bands from San Carlos & surrounding communities. You’ll be amazed at the talent and varied influences you’ll hear. Judges will consider style, technique, and other criterion. A great time and a great celebration of young musicians.
This year’s contestants are…
- Hot Mess Express
- Pretty Shanks
- Strong Silent Type
- Warning Signs
- Hadley Holloway 11:30 to 12:00 pm
- Hadley Holloway 1:15 to 1:45 pm
- Jaime Purnell 3:30 to 4:00 pm